Unexplained Weight Gain In Women
5 Surprising Reasons Why The Pounds Keep Piling On
It’s easy to think that the reason for your weight gain is down to the types of and volume of food you eat each day. Yes, eating nothing but chocolates and foods high in fat will make you obese over time. But, what if you are following a healthy diet to lose weight and still pile on the pounds? Surely the low-fat, calorie-controlled diet you’ve been following is correct?
Well, it probably is correct – but something else might be to blame for your weight gain. So, the question on your mind is this: what IS causing you to put on the pounds? I’m afraid the answer isn’t simple as the cause might be down to one or more factors, some of which may be out of your control or unknown to you.
In today’s blog post, I’d like to share with you five surprising reasons that could be to blame for unexplained weight gain in women. If you think one of them might be affecting you, make sure you talk to your doctor about it before taking any action! Anyway, without further ado, here’s what could be causing your weight scales to cry:
1. You aren’t Spending Enough Time in Bed
• How can the amount of sleep affect your weight, you might be wondering? The answer is simple: your metabolism could be all over the place! Have you ever noticed that you tend to snack more if you haven’t had enough sleep? So, what is the recommended amount of sleep? Scientist found out that by having a minimum of seven hours in bed, you won’t want to feast on unhealthy snacks so much.
2. You Are a Stressed out Bunny
• Stress can affect people in all kinds of different ways. For instance, worrying about money can leave you with sleepless night (see point one earlier). And having a boss at work breathing down your neck every day will make you feel quite anxious. As a result, stress makes your body produce more of a chemical called cortisol, and elevated levels increase your appetite.
3. You’re on ‘Stop Smoking Cold Turkey’
• If you’ve been a regular smoker, going for ‘stop smoking cold turkey’ and stopping your nicotine addiction immediately isn’t a good idea! Instead, it makes sense to wean yourself off cigarettes. For a start, you could invest in an e-cigarette from places like LizardJuice.com. Or you could apply some nicotine patches to your body. There are a plethora of ways to help you give up smoking without making you do something equally as bad (such as overeating).
4. Your Medicine is Giving you Strange Side Effects
• Few people realize that even prescription drugs can lead to weight gain. It’s hard to find antidepressants that don’t cause weight gain! And some steroids cause water retention, leading to an increased appetite. If weight gain is one of the side effects of your medicine, it’s worth discussing the problem with your doctor. They might prescribe you different drugs that don’t have such side effects.
5. You Suffer from Underactive Thyroid Gland Symptoms
• Did you know that hypothyroidism could be responsible for your weight gain? An underactive thyroid gland will slow down your metabolism and leave you feeling tired and full of fatigue. You’ll also want to eat more food as a result. Take a look at www mayoclinic org for more information, if you suspect you noticed some of the underactive thyroid gland symptoms mentioned, you need to talk to your doctor about it so your diagnosis can get confirmed.
Thank you very much for your attention!
Take good Care of Yourself