Did You Know Facts & Figures
Interesting Things That Will Make You Smarter
Today I am sharing some astonishing ‘ did you know facts and figures’, I have found across the web, with you. Are you, like myself, a great believer in grandma’s home remedies, tips, and tricks? How’s about using natural home remedies instead of taking prescribed drugs for every little ache and pain? A lot of health issues can be eased without dealing with unpleasant side effects!
# Did You Know Facts About Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is very effective for almost anything — your house, your skin, your hair, and even your pets can benefit from ACV’s qualities. There is a lot more vinegar has to offer, rather than just being used in salad dressings.
- Feeling full bloated all time and nothing fits? Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with half a glass of water. Within half an hour the enzymes of the cider will start flushing away the bloat.
- Apple cider vinegar makes a great rinse for your hair, it will boost your hair’s body and shine. Recycle an old shampoo bottle, fill it with a mixture of apple cider vinegar & water. (1 cup ACV & 10 cups of water) Rinse your hair with the mixture after shampooing. Do this several times a week for best results.
- It can remove coffee stains from teeth. Rub teeth directly with apple cider vinegar, and rinse with water.
- Rubbing apple cider vinegar on your hands and feet will give massage-similar benefits to tired hands and feet.
Find out more about the usage and history of vinegar on well-beingsecrets.com
Your shoes are one of the first things people notice.Wear nice shoes!
- Apple cider vinegar helps losing weight. Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to 16 ounces of water and sip it throughout the day. Studies have shown some significant weight-loss benefits from daily intake of apple cider vinegarA study published in Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry proved that participants who consumed acetic acid ( the main ingredient in ACV ) for 12 weeks experienced significant declines in body weight, abdominal fat, waist size, and triglycerides. Triglycerides are responsible for the bad cholesterol that we want to avoid.
- Reduce heartburn with apple cider vinegar. Though it might sound weird to treat stomach acid with an acid-containing vinegar, there are studies stating that apple cider vinegar works by correcting low acid, hence soothing heartburn. Natural remedy experts say you should begin to feel relief very soon after taking 1 teaspoon of ACV followed by drinking a glass of water
- Repelling fleas on your pets with AC. One part vinegar and one part water can be sprayed on your pets’ fur and rubbed in generously to the skin. Saturate the entire coat, and continue every day for a few days to a week. Any flea infestation will surely be gone.
Find out more: mindbodygreen.com
Putting dry Tea Bags in smelly Shoes will absorb the unpleasant Odour
# Did You Know Facts About White Vinegar
Harsh cleaning products can be easily replaced by using white vinegar. Not only is vinegar less harmful than some of the chemicals our daily cleaning products contain, you will also save a lot of money on unnecessary costly household cleaning agents.
White Vinegar – The Most Amazing Allrounder
- Freshen Smelly Shoes – Soak the insoles in vinegar and warm water for a couple of hours. Let dry.
- Kill Weeds – Use 2 parts full strength vinegar & 1 part of dishwashing soap in a small sprayer ( 1 ½ lit size), that pumps up pressure.Fill up with water.
- Protect Your Garden – Place rags soaked in undiluted vinegar in and around your plants and re-soak the rags weekly.Vinegar is known as the most eco-friendly herbicide, fungicide, and insecticide.
- Marinate Meat – Adding a dash of vinegar to your marinade will tenderize even the toughest chunk of meat.It softens muscle fibers and adds flavour. You can use apple cider, balsamic or any other household vinegar.
- Remove Food Odours From Hands – To remove unwanted food smells simply wash your hand with soap and water, then rinse with white vinegar and follow with a final rinse of warm water.
- Calm Diaper Rush – Add a few tablespoons of vinegar to your baby’s bathwater to soothe the symptoms of diaper rashes.
- Strengthen Your Fingernails – Soak your fingertips in a bowl with white vinegar for 5 minutes once a week to improve your nails and soften the cuticles.
Sleeping without Pillow reduces Back Pain and keeps your Spine stronger
- Remove Wrinkles Without Ironing – In a spray bottle mix 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water. Shake; spray; wait. As the mixture evaporates the wrinkles also will. (hm, that is one of my favourite ‘did you know facts’ I came across online)
- Clean Oven & Microwave – Add 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of water into a glass bowl, respectively any suitable ovenware. Set microwave on highest for 5 minutes (oven for an hour), leave the bowl in there till the oven’s temperature is safe for you to wipe clean.
- Keep Toilets Clean – Add vinegar to the toilet bowl and let soak for a few minutes to clean hard stains in your toilet.
People who Laugh a lot are Healthier than those who Don’t
# Did You Know Facts About Epsom Salt
- Relieves Constipation – Epsom salt’s more popular use is as a laxative. One teaspoon of Epsom salt dissolved in a cup of warm water once a day is recommended.This remedy should not be taken more than once a day!
- Sprains and Bruises – Epsom salt’s anti-inflammatory properties are used to alleviate the soreness from sprains and bruises. Just add two cups of Epsom salt to your warm bath water and soak away the pain.
When all else Fails take a Bath, Relax, Chill out & Unwind!
# Did You Know Facts … I Bet You Didn’t Know
Finally, I would love to share some top cleaning hacks with you that my dear aunty Henny has taught me many moons ago. I am almost sure, you will have some ketchup in the house? Now, ketchup isn’t just for fries and burgers! Use it to clean your copper items and your lackluster silver. Polish your silver simply by submerging the jewelry in a bowl of ketchup and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Don’t leave it in too long.The acid from the tomatoes and vinegar could cause damage to your gems! Then remove the items and use an old toothbrush to gently scrub the ketchup around before rinsing it off with warm water. Then dry it off with a soft flannel. Bigger items such as copper pots, statues or plates you can easily clean by using the ketchup instead of expensive metal polish products. Just put some ketchup on a soft cloth and buff the copper, you will be amazed how quick and easy your cupric will be stainlessly shiny.
- To bring back the shine of genuine gold you can use beer. Pour a little of the brew on a clean cloth and gently rub your golden items. Please make sure that your jewelry is solid gold or gold plated without any gemstones!
- Spoken about gemstones – Vodka will make your bling bling dazzle again. Swish your diamond rings and items around in a glass of vodka (Gin will do the trick just as good) and then wipe them down if the pieces are particularly dirty. Use your old toothbrush for brushing off all the tiny bits in the creasings.
- Give your semi precious gemstone beads a bath in club soda. Soak the jewels in a glass of Seltzer water overnight, wipe them dry and your bling bling twinkles.
I hope, I could give you some new ideas with this summary of ‘ Did you know facts and figures’. If you know any more great tips on how to save money on cleaning products or how to soothe health issues naturally, please tell us about. Thanks a lot for reading, don’t hesitate to get back to me and let me know if you could make use of my suggestions and tips.
Take good care of yourself!
see you soon Klaudia