Simple Skincare Tips
The 9 Golden Rules Of Healthy Skin Care
We all have habits in our life. Some are good for us; some are bad for us. But we do need to form healthy habits when it comes to our skincare. We only get the skin that we’re in, so we need to make sure that we’re taking care of it, as well as keeping it looking its best. But whatever your skin type is, here are some simple skincare tips to improve the appearance of your skin
1. Choose Your Skin Type it is important to know what skin type you have. Some products will be detrimental to your skin otherwise. An expert might be able to help you, or you might already know what you have. But when you know, you can choose top skin care products and a routine that is specific for your skin type. Oily skin doesn’t have the same needs as dry skin.
2. Take Care in Fragile Areas – You can’t treat all skin the same. Some areas, such as your eyelids and lips, can be really sensitive. So you can’t exfoliate the same in those areas as you would in other areas like your back or cheeks.
3. Remove Your Makeup – One of the most important simple skincare tips if you wear makeup, is to take your makeup off each night. No matter what time it is, you need to remove your makeup! It can cause all sorts of problems if not.
4. See a Dermatologist – From time to time; it can be a really good idea to see a dermatologist. They can help advise you of any skin problems that you might have, and they can check out any ailments that you might have like psoriasis or eczema.
5. Moisturizer is Essential – One of the best ways to hydrate your skin is to use a moisturizer. Choosing the best moisturizers for your needs is the first step to take. Not only does it help the elasticity of the skin, but it also helps how smooth your skin is and how many fine lines and wrinkles that you get.
6. Drink Plenty of Water – Like with a moisturizing cream, drinking water is a great way to moisturize your skin from the inside. It also helps to flush out toxins from your body, which can help to reduce spots and pimples. It can also help to reduce the dark circles that might appear around your eyes.
7. Use a Sunscreen – It is so important to use a sunscreen all year round. If you don’t, you can get sunburn, red skin and even things like sunspots. So use one all the time, even in winter. The best way to do that is to use a BB cream or foundation that already has an SPF in it.
8. Don’t Forget the Lips – Your face might be looking clear and fresh. But it won’t help if your lips are dehydrated and cracked. Gentle exfoliation can help, as well as using a lip cream and possibly one with sunscreen.
9. Reduce External Stressors – Things like pollution, smoking, and alcohol can all be detrimental to your skin. So if there are ways to reduce how much they affect you, then it has to be worth a try.
Take good care of your skin!
I couldn’t agree more! It is very simple and doesn’t take too much time to take care of our skin but somehow, because of our busy daily schedules we often forget. I am trying to keep up with daily routines but I must admit I am lazy when it comes to visits to my dermatologist. Anyway, thank you very much for sharing this article. I always find something useful on your blog!
Thank you so much, Sophia! It is always a great pleasure and highly appreciated! reading your comments. I have to give this compliment back, I also love visiting your amazing website! Your reviews are the BEST of all.
This are great reminders! None of these things take a long time to do and we just need to be more vigilant about doing them! My greatest challenge is removing my makeup at night! I’m so tired by the time I go to bed I collapse. But, if I would just take off my makeup after dinner, or when I go up to say goodnight to the girls it would be so much simpler!
I used to be the same, Robin.As I used to work at nights, and sometimes it got that late, that I went to bed with the makeup still on, now I have got so much more time to look after myself, and I can tell the difference by the appearance of my skin. Yes, sacrificing 5 quick minutes when you go up to say goodnight to your girls, is a good idea, I think. Thank you for coming over, have a successful week!!!