Best Organic Makeup Guide/ Smart & Chic
Article by guest author Peter Minkoff
Layout by Klaudia’s Corner
Best organic makeup guide ~ a guest post by Peter Minkoff ( chief editor at High Style Life ) In the sea of hot topics people are facing nowadays , the matter of eco-conscious movement takes a special spot for us. The idea is to oust all the toxic elements that are harmful to the environment and humans and resort to natural choices.
The past couple of years behind us are characterized by a pervading consciousness concerning the significance of organic farming. The green notion is spreading to other aspects of life , and the discoveries related to dangers of chemical-packed cosmetics have grown into a pressing issue. You must be wondering , is organic really healthier ?
How they make it
Real organic products are based on naturally gained components in entirety. The label stating the item is 100% organic-made translates into complete organic content, not including the salt and water. However, if it merely reads organic, you should expect only 95% of the product to be of organic origin, while the remaining 5% is usually checked by the Department of Agriculture.
Next , provided the description states the goods are made with organic elements , this should mean the organic content is kept at the minimum of 70%. The label of such products is free to mention up to 3 of its organic components on the front panel. Still, something called organic is not always to be equated with skin-proof material. Learn how the structure makes a difference.
The common ingredients and harmful substances
I bet you got into the marathon of reading the listed ingredients and product description of the bathroom cosmetic paraphernalia at least once . I often encounter Cocamidopropyl betaine , and many of the formulas are cryptic. The most probable case with these is , if you’re struggling to pronounce it , it is probably laboratory-made.
Now, we wouldn’t bash new scientific accomplishments if the ingredients listed didn’t get linked to numerous cancers , such as breast and skin kind. The common part of our beloved saucepans , Polytetrafluoroethylene is a menace in disguise. The use of foundations and blushes made with PTFE is connected with the following adverse outcomes:
- interrupted menstrual cycle
- impaired breast growth
- breast cancer
The same can be said for parabens , talc (inducing ovarian cancer) and phthalates (affecting the reproductive function). It’s advisable you read up the labels thoroughly to avoid contact with these substances.
The intelligent and chic choices
Luckily , not all is lost and saying goodbye to your favourite makeup is not necessary. There are several names in the industry that started fair and square with organic and they have stayed true to themselves. I’ve recently tested out of the Youngblood mineral makeup and it proved to be a great representative of the mineral-based cosmetics. It gives you this luxurious, light-reflecting effect with other enviable characteristics such as the absence of artificial dyes and fragrances , oil-free structure and steady coverage. It’s also in the human range , and that means a lot to me.
To stay truly organic , shorten the list of your basics: a simple mascara, all natural lipstick with jojoba oil and a set for perfect complexion and contouring.
The recipe I found utilizes arrowroot (for the base) and cocoa powder, nutmeg or ground cinnamon. Experiment with other natural pigments to find the right ratio for your skin tone. To keep it together use olive or almond oil. Start with five droplets and slowly add more until you reach the wanted texture.
As you can notice , being fashionable and true to our natural roots is not impossible. Evading health hazards of the standard makeup has become much easier. Opt for products in the certified organic line and your skin will thank you.
Thanks a lot for reading , and a very special thanks to Peter Minkoff for this excellent article !
copyright article : Peter Minkoff
all images Free Stock: pixabay & pexels