Home Decor Ideas
Unique Inexpensive Exterior Solutions To Make Your Home Look Elegant
So, you’re finally the proud owner of a new home, congratulations! You’re happy with the interior decoration, all is signed and sealed, done and dusted and decorated to your full satisfaction, but how about the exterior of your home? Does your home’s curb appeal not need some TLC, too?
Don’t we all like to arrive at home after work, park the car and look at a house that makes us feel really proud, like these dream homes you can find online on sites like Brisbane properties by Lendlease or any other of all these real estate property websites? I could go through their images for hours! Or just search on Google for ‘dream home images’ and look at all those stunning houses, and yet, it doesn’t really take that much to give your own home’s appearance that little extra touch of elegance.
Here are some elegant home decor ideas to give your home that extra wow factor and a few affordable front garden design ideas to help you create a truly elegant exterior look.
1.) Start with Painting the Home
• If it’s been quite some years since last time painting the home exteriors, chances are that the climate and general basic deterioration have actually taken their toll. If you have bought a white house that has got already a gray tint or there’s paint splintering off the window frameworks, it’s high time for sprucing up the curb appeal.
• Before starting on the actual painting job you should always wash the house down with a pressure washer (you can hire pressure washers online via Amazon) to get rid of all the dust and dirt on the walls. Scrape all loose paint off, fill cracks and apply a plaster primer where bare cement spots show. Have a look at this video full of invaluable tips before you start painting the home yourself.
2.) The Windows are the Business Card of your Home
• Have you got damaged windows or panels that appear like they have seen their best days? If you have actually acquired an older house, upgrading the windows is among the most effective ways to boost the appearance of your house and also new windows make your house extra eco- and wallet-friendly.
• If your house has still got single glazing, harmed panels or deformed frameworks, do some research online on window designs and choices that could fit your house as well as your budget. Once you’ve replaced the windows, you could make them look a lot more attractive by hanging pretty curtains and drapes, elegant shutters or, if you like flowers, add some window plant boxes.
• Choose timeless white and cornflower blue if you like a Mediterranean ambience or wooden decoration items for a more rustic flair.
3.) Over to the Front Porch Design
• Are you in the lucky position to have a wooden front porch? That will probably need some TLC, too. Arm yourself with a sander, and once you’ve smoothed the wood, apply fresh paint and finish up with a coat of varnish.
• Get rid of any rubbish lying around, add a few hanging planters, a cozy hammock with matching cushions or a small coffee table and chairs to make your porch look more appealing.
4.) Gorgeous Front Garden Design Ideas
• If you happen to have a front yard, you should make sure it looks tidy and neat all year through. If there is weed overgrowing almost everywhere, it will make your house appear unloved. Are you relocating during spring- or summertime? Then get the lawnmower out and plant some fast-growing flowers in vibrant summer colours.
• Given you have got only a tiny outdoor area which is mostly covered in tarmac, pebbles or tiles you could make use of those huge terracotta plant pots to create that ‘last summer’s holiday flair’. Decorative lanterns or cool garden light balls and potted trees are also affordable eye catcher you could consider when realizing your own front garden design ideas. When we talk about home decor ideas we usually focus on interior design but, be honest, wouldn’t you want to come home to a house with an awesome curb appeal?
If you’re planning to move soon or have moved recently and your new home is looking worn out and tired on the outside, these exterior solutions should come in handy. If you are willing to do a little effort yourself your home will be looking awesome in no time.